Michael Zac & Conny: Michael Zac (Soul of Sydney) & Conny make their long-awaited BBRS guest appearance as they join Eddie Mac for a fun afternoon with some amazing jazz,bossa nova,soul,boogie and disco tunes.
Stones Throw just dropped this dope video of Dam Funk pushing Synths right out of the trunk of his car in Highland Park Los Angeles.
One of our favorite local singers, SARSHA SIMONE (of DOJO CUTS) drops her new single ‘Lets Dance’ last week and we are seriously feeling the new sound.
“Let’s Dance”, the debut solo single from the intriguing Australian singer Sarsha Simone was officially released to digital last week, “Let’s Dance” has been creating buzz since,
Reaching #82 on the Australian iTunes R&B chart after it’s release over the weekend, “Let’s Dance” is one track you won’t want to sleep on as it walks the line between the edginess of electronic styles and the warmth of R&B.
The closest artist comparison would have to be the urban swank styling of Jidenna crossed with electronic favourites Disclosure. Lyrically, “Let’s Dance” contemplates the freedom and happiness people are always looking to outside sources for, when in reality the answer is within them
Check out more from one of Sydney’s finest:
New single “Let’s Dance” by @sarshasimonemusic (prod. @marleycassette)
Released through @still-i-rise-collective
IHeart Radio: bit.ly/SSLetsDanceiHeart
SOUL OF SYDNEY #230: LARRY LEVAN LIVE AT SOUND FACTORY | MAR 1991
Here is a little recorded treat to help you through your work week. The legendary Larry Levan doing his thing live in he mix at Sound Factory NY. Recorded back in March 1991. T
Mix: Larry Levan live at Sound Factory | 1991
Recorded- March 22nd 1991
Run Time; 75mins approx
Style: Garage, Disco, Hip-House & more.
1. Summer Madness by Kool & Gang
2. Jazz Thing by Rick Clarke
3. Jeffrey Osborne – If My Brother’s In Trouble (Dub Mix)
5. C & C Music Factory Feat. Freedom Williams – Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)
6. Grandmas Party by Monie Love
7. You Don’t Know by Serious Intention
8. Ping Pong by Espresso
9. Groove Me by Seduction
10. Black Betty by Ram Jam (Rough ‘N Ready Remix)
11. Can’t Get Enough by Liz Torres (Spanish)
12. Face It (12” Dub Mix) by Master C&J feat. Liz Torres
13. Gipsy Woman by Chrystal Waters
14. Michael McDonald – All We Got (Never Enough) (Shep Pettibone Remix)
If you are digging the vibe be sure to check out our next jam on Sunday July 19 |
SOUL OF SYDNEY LARRY LEVAN BIRTHDAY TRIBUTE – JULY 19 2015.
An afternoon of New York DISCO, Roller BOOGIE & beyond from the PARADISE GARAGE era.
Feat. Sydney Disco Godfather
STEPHEN ALLKINS [love tattoo]
Plus DJ Support from
SOUL OF SYDNEY DJ’s & Friends.
PHIL TOKE (Soul of Sydney, Spirit of House)
BOOGIE MONSTER (Alex Dimitriades)
JIM POE (Bondi Beach Radio)
DANNY DE SOUSA
+ more tba.
★★Get Tix from $10 ★★
Listen // Sound Cloud Playlist //
Videos, Info & Mixtapes at www.soulofsydney.org/blockparty
Dalindèo : Kallio
Dalindèo’s music is a cinematic jazz creation reminiscient of the ambience of movies by Finnish great Aki Kaurismäki mixed with a Tarantinoesque vibe of danger and suspense. Kallio, initially released only in Finland, won the prize of “Best Jazz Album of 2013” at the Emma-Awards, the Finnish Grammys. A musical hommage to the Kallio-district in Helsinki, it debuted on the Finnish album-chart at number 13, one of the highest ranking jazz albums of all time and stayed on the chart for 6 weeks. We at BBE are very proud to present Kallio to a wider, international audience now. Especially for the worldwide release on BBE the band added an exclusive unreleased bonus track to the album and BBE family-member Mr Bird did a brilliant remix of the track “Rhythm of Kallio”
Episode #001 features a dope SUMMER SOUL & JAZZ vibes thanks to Sydney’s Japanese wax assassin DJ MAKOTO.
Time: 60+ Mins
Genre: Soul, Jazz
1. Quincy Jones – Mellow Madness
2. Zerosen – Sunrise
3. Cannonball Adderley – Capricorn
4. The Blackbyrds – Wilford’s Gone
5. Galt Macdermot – Ripped Open By Metal Explosions
6. Jimmy McGriff – Back On The Track
7. Monk Higgins – Little Green Apples
8. Blue Mitchell – Melody for Thelma
9. Sammy Nestico – Shoreline Drive
10. Harold Wheeler – Black Cream
11. Young-Holt Unlimited – Wah-Wah Man
12. Roy Ayers Ubiquity – The Black Five
13. Jonny Miller – Everyday
14. Gary Bartz – Gentle Smiles
15. Faze-O – Riding High
16. Cortex – La Rue
17. John Klemmer – Free Soul
18. Idris Muhammad – Crab Apple
19. Ju-Par Universal Orchestra – Time
20. Frank Cunimondo Trio Introducing Lynn Marino – Feeling Good
21. Fred Johnson – A Child Runs Free
22. Donny Hathaway – Valdez In The Country
23. Pasquale Castiglione & Paola Casa – Chase
25. J.A.M. – Jazzy Joint (feat. Jose James)
26. Marc Mac – Smoker
As we head in to Australia Day long weekend, we through it is only right we share some dope local music for our Friday Mixtape. This is one from April last year and featuring some straight tropical Afro Latin HEAT courtesy of a little podcast tribute we put together for our good friends local 8 piece Latin funk powerhouse WATUSSI.
Style: Afro-Colombian Reggae, Roots, Funk & Beyond
Time: 45 Mins
Recorded:April 1 2004
1/ Cuando Sera
3/ Tu Te Vas
6/ El olvido
7/ Como mi ritmo
9/ Echale fuego