Our next event will be on Australia Day (26th Jan) Blockparty Picnic!
Info VIA Facebook Event –> HERE
We will be in a parkside location around Alexandria from around 12 pm till late.
Open Decks, Family Friendly, Pet Friendly MUSIC HEADS PICNIC
DJ’s playing an eclectic mix of day time SOUL, FUNK , DISCO, HIP HOP & REAL HOUSE GEMS.
Our House Sydney & Soul of Sydney Present:
SOUL OF SYDNEY: Free Australia Day Block Party Picnic/BBQ
Soul of Sydney & Our House Sydney will be hosting another special family friendly FUNK picnic to celebrate the Australia Day in the right kind of fashion.. With a stack of good mates, in the great outdoors in the sunshine and with DJ’s playing REAL music in a family friendly atmosphere.
We have a stack of DJ’s on rotation playing a stack of daytime SOUL, FUNK, HIP HOP & HOUSE joints from the likes of James Brown, Jocelyn Brown, Masters At Work, Erykah Badu, De La Soul, Dilla, Larry Levan, Sade, Jill Scott & Frankie Knuckles just to name a few.
Real Music, Real People Enjoying in a Family Friendly outdoor environment!
- Soul of Sydney DJ’s & Friends;
- PHIL TOKE, (Our House Sydney)
- TERRY A
- MICHAEL ZAC (Our House Sydney)
- EADIE RAMIA (Our House Sydney)
- C-MAN & JUZZLIKEDAT (Back of Back)
Open Decks, Open Mic & Open Floor (for all you dancers)
If you are interested in supporting, performing or need to get in contact please shoot us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org as we will be updating venue information very soon.
Peace & Blessings;
Phil & Sam @ Soul of Sydney & Co.
Blockparty Picnic Mixtape #3 by DJ Phil Toke (Our House Sydney/Soul of Sydney)
Our main man & resident Blockparty DJ Phil Toke put together this dope mixtape jam packed with some of the daytime FUNK, DISCO & REAL HOUSE jams he has been throwing down at the picnics over the last few months. Expect a stack of similar vibes for Australia Day!
- Intro Barack Obama
- Bill Withers- Lovely Day
- Gwen McCrae- Funky Sensation
- John Davis Monster Orchestra- Ain’t That Enough For You
- James Brown- Funky President
- The Commodores- Brick House
- Average White Band- Pick Up The Pieces
- First Choice- Love Thang
- Angela Winbush- I Love You More
- Convertion- Lets Do It
- Komiko- Feel Alright
- Geraldine Hunt- Cant Fake The Feeling
- Richard T Bear- Sunshine Hotel
- Lenny Williams- You Got Me Runnin (Krivit Re edit)
- The Salsoul Orchestra- You’re Just The Right Size
- The Salsoul Orchestra- Salsoul Rainbow/Obama Victory Speech
- Diana Ross- No One Gets The Prize
- Diana Ross- The Boss
If you haven’t sent you for mobile number can you please forward to email@example.com in the event we do have to move the party last minute?
Check out some of the SOUL TRAIN FUN from our last few parties
A Few points that might help you organise you day better;
- It is a FAMILY FRIENDLY PICNIC first and foremost so might be a good idea really to pack for a Sunday Picnic in the park (eski/ picnic basket, fruit, drinks and something to sit on etc.)
- We have a spot with a stack of grass around with plenty of room for kids, it is 5 mins from city around Alexandria, there is shade but best people bring some hats etc.
- We will have a Sound System with selectors playing an eclectic mix of real music including everything from Sade to James Brown to De La Soul, Erykah Badu & Masters At Work, Larry Levan, Frankie Knuckles.
- It is open decks with rotating DJ’s (but best people get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if keen to play to confirm time slots)
- We usually aim to get everything starting at about 12pm with ending time around depending on vibe.
- We will be waiting for the weather forecast before we make the call as it is outdoors, if it does look like it’s going to rain then we will simply move till next sunny Sunday. (We will be in touch a few days out for the event via email & on the day via SMS in case we have to move the party, so we will need your Mobile details too so we can get location details quicker)
- ARTIST CALL OUT: If you are a local Musician, MC, Singer, Percussionist or DJ then we are very keen to hear from you if you would like to play, especially if you down to play percussion along the Djs in an open jam vibe for Sunday. (we are hoping to get thing going as a regular Sunday afternoon local soul funk and hip hop open jam session so if your keen to be part of it let us know)
- For local Soul music fan then we simply wants you there enjoying the music, so get a group of friends together, spread the word and come down for a day out it the park to some real music.
Thanks again for getting behind the idea kids.. Sydney definitely needs more people like YOU!
Pray for good weather & hope to see you all at the next one.
About the Block-Party Picnic Movement
In the name of spreading REAL MUSIC! SOUL OF SYDNEY, OUR HOUSE SYDNEY & TONE have teamed up to put forward a small number of hush-hush out door POP UP street & park-side throw-downs during summer.
The idea is a series of free Pop-UP Sunday afternoon family friendly Picnic’s in various outdoor locations around this beautiful city, featuring rotating sets from local DJ’s & Artists still flying the flag for quality music in Sydney.
If you like the idea of hearing everything from James Brown, Jocelyn Brown, Erykah Badu, De La Soul, Dilla & Masters At Work & Frankie Knuckles in an outdoor location where you can have a Sunday Picnic in the sunshine, then join us as we celebrate the gift of great music, in a relaxed environment with friends and al-fresco on picnic blankets!
THE BLOCK-PARTY MIXTAPS:
#1- SOUL OF SYDNEY TRIBUTE TO OBAMA
Mixed by: Phil Toke & Soul Of Sydney, of Sydney Australia
Running Time: 74 minutes
at Sound Cloud or Here
- The Love Unlimited Orchestra – Midnight Groove,<Soul Of Sydney Edit>
- Fatback Band – Mister Bass Man
- The Head Hunters- God Made Me Funky
- The Honey Drippers- Impeach The President
- The O’Jays- Give The People What They Want
- James Brown- The Boss
- Bill Withers- Lovely Day
- Herb Alpert – RiseYObama EDIT>
- James Brown – Funky President
- Maceo & The Macks – Soul Power ’74
- Donald Byrd- Change- Makes You Want To Hustle
- Curtis Mayfield- Right on For The Darkness
- Stevie Wonder- Black Man
- The Blackbyrds- Rock City Park
- Odyssey- Going Back To My Roots
- John McLaughlin- Planetary Citizen
- Issac Hays- Theme From S.H.A.F.Tt black President.
- The Beginning of The End- Funky Nassau (Part 1)
- George Clinton – One Nation Under A Groove
- Stevie Wonder – Higher Ground
- Lonnie Liston Smith- Expansions
- George Benson- You Can Do It < Phil Toke & Soul of Sydney ‘I Have A DREAM EDIT’
- Roy Ayers- Evolution
#2- Blockparty Picnic Mixtape 2 by DJ Phil Toke (Our House Sydney)
Our main man & resident Blockparty DJ Phil Toke put together this dope mixtape jam packed with some of the daytime FUNK, DISCO & REAL HOUSE jams he has been throwing down at the picnics over the last few months.
1.The Last Minister – Tribute to the JB family
2.Lyn Collins – Think (Jski edit)
3.Kool & The Gang – Love and Understanding
4.War – Galaxy
5.Jimmy Castor – E man boogie
6.Jesse G – thats hot
7.Change – A lover’s holiday
8.Nijel – Dance so fine (instrum)
9.Brothers Johnson – Stomp
10.Superbreak disco edits – Body Bait
11.Society – Can U rock?
12.Phase II – Reachin
13.Terrence Parker – Love’s Got me high
14.Teddy Pendergrass – Only you
15.Sylvester – Over & over
Pingback: SOUL FUNK DISCO MIXTAPE: Never Mind The Balearics Sunset Mix BY INNERWEST SOUL « ♫♥ SOUL OF SYDNEY: Pushin' FUNK SOUL DISCO HIP HOP & DEEP HOUSE vibes since 1981… ♫♥
Pingback: CLASSIC HOUSE MIX: Frankie Knuckles – Live At The Gallery 21 (Chicago / 1987) | OUR HOUSE SYDNEY: DEEP SOULFUL JAZZY TRIBAL GOSPEL AFRO HOUSE DISCO FUNK BOOGIE
I am extremely impressed together with your writing abilities as neatly as with the layout for your blog.
Is that this a paid subject matter or did you customize it yourself?
Anyway keep up the nice high quality writing, it’s rare to see a great weblog like this one nowadays..
I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout
of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could
connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having
one or two pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?