GOOSEBUMPS: What a performance Ms. Lauryn Hill covering Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ live on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon this week to promo the new Nina Simon tribute compilation.
Check it out in HD //
Also check out the new release NINA REVISITED in full below:
1. Lisa Simone – My Mama Could Sing (Intro) (1:15)
2. Lauryn Hill – Feeling Good (4:03)
3. Lauryn Hill – I’ve Got Life (7:28)
4. Lauryn Hill – Ne me quitte pas (3:45)
5. Jazmine Sullivan – Baltimore (5:03)
6. Grace – Love Me or Leave Me (4:30)
7. Usher – My Baby Just Cares for Me (3:58)
8. Mary J. Blige – Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood (4:17)
9. Gregory Porter – Sinnerman (6:02)
10. Common & Lalah Hathaway – We Are Young, Gifted & Black (3:23)
11. Alice Smith – I Put a Spell On You (6:39)
12. Lisa Simone – I Want a Little Sugar In My Bowl (2:56)
13. Lauryn Hill – Black Is the Color of My True Love’s Hair (7:15)
14. Lauryn Hill – Wild Is the Wind (6:44)
15. Lauryn Hill – African Mailman (Instrumental) (5:14)
16. Nina Simone – I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free (3:08)
THIS WEEKEND: Our good friends at Sistas with Soul present the Neo soul edition of SOUL on 22
An intimate evening of LIVE LIVE SOUL, JAZZ & R&B vibes DJ SETS, GOOD FOOD celebrating the golden age of Neo Soul music in a dope intimate cafe / restaurant space on union street Pyrmont, just near the casino)
Live set by Rob Edwards
plus DJ sets from DJ CMAN and Milkcrate Jones & friends.
Sunday afternoon vibes | live music | DJ Sets | Good Food.
This is definitely one we recommend for lovers of refined live soul and jazz music, be sure to get in early as it is an intimate cafe / music space and gets pretty busy.
80’s #HIPHOP // Most definitely still digging this. Still a stone cold classic from the unmistakable #delasoul.
Feel-Good, uplifting, positive vibes with a heavy dose of #FUNK & #DISCO samples.
Erykah Badu dropped this dope Soul, Jazz inspired healing mix a few days ago which features a stack of gems from the likes of James Brown, RAMP, Sun Ra, Roy Ayers.
- THE BLESSING SONG BY GARY BARTZ
- COME IN TO KNOWLEDGE BY RAMP
- AFRICANO BY EARTH WIND & FIRE
- MY PEOPLE BY EDDIE KENDRICKS
- KING HEROIN BY JAMES BROWN
- LORD HELP ME BY DONNY HATHAWAY
- BLESSED BY THE EMOTIONS
- SEE THE LIGHT BY EARTH WIND & FIRE
- WHEN THERE IS NO SUN BY SUN RA
- VISIONS (INNER VISIONS LIVE) BY STEVIE WONDER
- SACK FULL OF DREAMS BY DONNY HATHAWAY
- THE BLESSING SONG BY MICHAEL WHITE
- WORLD KEEPS TURNIN BY E.BADU
- THE THIRD EYE BY ROY AYERS
- WATCHING OVER BY THE EMOTIONS
- BRAZILLIAN RHYME BY EAERTH WIND & FIRE
- LOVES IN NEED OF LOVE BY STEVIE WONDER
- SOME DAY WE’LL ALL BE FREE BY DONNY HATHAWAY
ALL OVER THE GLOBE…KEEP WALKING TALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS. SOMEDAY WE WILL ALL BE FREE. THE WORLD IS IN NEED OF HEALING…. I CAREFULLY AND LOVINGLY SELECTED HIGH FREQUENCY TONES FOR THE SOUL…. PLEASE LISTEN FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.
DANCE WORKSHOP: Good news !! For everyone who is asking us about dance-workshops and classes. |
Our good friend and local choreographer and dancer teacher SARINE is hosting an Open Groove Dance workshop, which is kicking off from this week.
Entry is by donation & it is open to ALL LEVELS of dancers who want to get down.
for anyone who wants to get down, she will be going through a range of dance styles going through grooves and foundations of dance-hall, hip hop, house, South African and more!
Check the link for more info and video on her dance.
Here is the event link:
TONIGHT: Free Party |
Funk, Hip Hop, Boogie & Beyond at @playbarsyd in Surry Hills. @soulofsydney’S own #philtoke will be joining #chasam @edseven and #bennyhinn for the infamous 73 T’ill Infinity.
Always a dope night of music to start your weekend & one we highly recommend for anyone into real music.
Kicks off early in the basement of 72 Campbell St Surry Hills at PLAY BAR, Sydney’s home of black music.
Okay Player catch up with the legendary Jill Scott for an for an exclusive Interview to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of her debut release “Who is Jill Scott?”
To commemorate the 15-year anniversary of her iconic debut, We asked Jill to share memories of recording that first LP, how the process changed after becoming a mom, and what might be next as she continues to answer Who Is Jill Scott?
Read the interview in full HERE at at Okay Player |