Charles Bradley is no stranger to hard times. The singer, nicknamed the “Screaming Eagle of Soul,” cut his teeth working in kitchens and as a handyman before finally landing a break and releasing his debut full-length, “No Time For Dreaming,” at the age of 62, on the acclaimed Daptone Records. Lauded by fans and critics alike, the album earned its place on numerous best-of lists, and sent Charles, the consummate performer, to sold-out shows across the globe.
- SIFF “Face The Music” Preview: Charles Bradley: Soul of America (kexp.org)
- DAPTONE RECORDS: NEW 45! | Antibalas | Sugarman 3 LP Bundles (soulofsydney.org)
- SOUL JAZZ FUNK LP: THE SUGARMAN 3 : What The World Needs Now (DAPTON RECORDS) (soulofsydney.org)
- Silverdocs Reviews: “Bad Brains: A Band in DC,” “Charles Bradley: Soul of America,” and “The Source” (washingtonian.com)
- Antibalas – The Ballroom at the Taft Theatre – Saturday September 15 (prweb.com)
- Listen: Antibalas’s Party-Starting Afrobeat Anthem ‘Dirty Money’ (theatlantic.com)