Created in 2006, this remembrance piece is created as a tribute to the memory and legacy of James “J.Dilla” Yancey. This is a piece designed for his fans and supporters who knew of his accomplishments before February 2006 and those that have grown to appreciate his genius. Here, we gain a greater insight and understanding about our musical icon.
Directed by: Brian “B.Kyle” Atkins / Gifted Films Inc
J.Dilla is Still Shining.
(2:55) – Work Ethic Starts In The Basement
(7:35) – What To Listen For in A Dilla Beat
(9:10) – J.Dilla’s Range As A Producer. The King of Reinvention
(12:16) – Going Beyond His Influences
(14:39) – The Dilla Approach To Production
(20:21) – Jay The Producer vs Jay The MC
(26:08) – The Personal Side of J.Dilla
(29:04) – A Soldier Unstoppable!
(32:05) – Venturing Out. (as explained by Phat Kat)
(33:59) – Heading Home… Job Well Done.
(34:48) – We Salute You.
- HIP HOP DOCUMENTARY: J Dilla (soulofsydney.org)
- J Dilla – A Producer’s Producer (musicbusinessheretic.wordpress.com)
- H2TV Episode Pays Homage To J-Dilla [Video] (subzinfo.wordpress.com)
- J Dilla x Stussy Documentary Part 3 (mindinversion.wordpress.com)
- Music Review: Improvisation in Harlem, Corner of Hip-Hop and Jazz (nytimes.com)
- Dionne Warwick – “You’re Gonna Need Me” (misplacedswag.wordpress.com)
- 14KT: 14 Killa Tape (fleamarketfunk.com)
- Erykah Badu Live at Tupac Birthday Celebration (fr33domhall.wordpress.com)