I got pretty excited when i found out the man who put out some of the craftiest edits and remixes of the last few years is coming to Sydney.
Tone and Golden Era Present U-TERN (CANADA)
U-Tern is a prolific remixer, re-working everyone from Mark Ronson (85,000 plays on Soundcloud) to Holy Ghost, Chromeo, Juan Atkins, Kris Menace, Aeroplane and Architecture in Helsinki. He produces original production as under his Oliver moniker and hosts a weekly radio show (One Day Later) on Brooklynradio.net.
He also produces under the name OLIVER with Oliver Goldstein – which is well worth checking too.
Local supports from Mase Boogie (Paper Plane Project), Jack Prest (Flatwound), Electric Avenue DJ’s (Gian Arpino and Downtown Brown), Wonderkid Frames and Superfresh Frenzie.
Tickets only $10+bf from R.A and Moshtix, more on the door (if they don’t sell out)
- AL KENT (BBE Records) Australian Tour Disco Love Mixtape + Warehouse Party Info (Sat 9th) & Tonic Side show (Sun 10th @ Kings Cross) (soulofsydney.org)
- SOUL,FUNK,EDIT, Gwen McCrae – 90% Of Me Is You (Disco Tech Edit) (soulofsydney.org)
- OLD SCHOOL,FUNK,HIP HOP: Soul of Sydney Podcast #15 – ‘Goodgod, its a FunkINC. Teaser Mix by Mr Glass’ (soulshaker.com.au) (soulofsydney.org)
- CHICAGO HOUSE MUSIC: Farley Jackmaster Funk and Darryl Pandy- “LOVE CANT TURN AROUND”: A Tribute to Darryl Pandy.. R.I.P (sydneyunderground.org)
- Caspian Tern Seashell Nest (neatorama.com)