Time: 70 Mins
Style: Soul, R&B, Hip Hop, Funk, Acid-Jazz,
DJ: DJ Say Whut?!
About the Mix:
Going out to the brave men and women who fought to bring us freedom today. A tribute to the diggers! Also going out to those who dig for funky beats and grooves in their local record stores!
Fred Wesley & The Horny Horns – A Blow For Me, A Toot To You (Space Mix)
Gangstas & Thugs – Just Another Day
Beverley Knight – Beautiful Contradiction (feat Musiq Soulchild)
Cutty Ranks – The Stopper (Mark Rae Remix)
Talib Kweli feat Vinia Mojica – The Blast
Adriana Evans – Remember The Love
Stevie Wonder – Too High
The Impressions – Whole Lot Of Good, Good Lovin
Sly & Robbie – Superthruster
Us3 – Say You Belong To Me
II D Extreme – Yummy
Family Stand – Ghetto Heaven
Orgone – I Get Lifted
Quincy Jones – We B. Dooinit (Acappella Party)
Skipworth & Turner – Thinkin About Your Love
The Dynamites feat Charles Walker – Do The Right Thing
Omar feat Angie Stone – Stylin
About Say Whut?!
After surviving a collision with a tanker truck filled with milk and toxic waste (it was a special truck) when he was just a boy, DJ SayWhut?! was in a coma for 4 years where he dreamt of nothing but cheeseburgers. When he awoke he found that he had the ability to hear lower end frequencies very clearly and could foresee what the next song was going to be chosen (in shuffle mode) on a person’s iPod from 100 yards away. The iPod was then invented 15 years later. This brought on a revelation that he should play music in some form or another. When making fart noises with his armpits wasn’t enough he decided to pick up the headphones and become a DJ.
Cutting his teeth as a breakbeat DJ in Sydney in 2004, DJ SayWhut?! has always been known to play some of the funkiest basslines in breaks – keeping it hard and bouncy yet keeping the people dancing on the floor. With residencies at Broke’n’beats @ Kink and Chinese Laundry, SayWhut?! has played to a wide variety of crowds knocking them senseless to the floor with his barrage of bassline melodies and quick mixing ability. After the breakbeat phenomenon went out of fashion, SayWhut?! looked towards more organic sounds and started playing funk, soul, disco, boogie, hip hop and R&B still staying true to that funky bassline mentality.
Catch DJ Say Whut?! playing some regular residencies around town Ravisis in Bondi, at our Soul of Sydney Block Parties & this weeks ‘History of Hip Hop’ special as part of Sydney Fringe Festival.
HISTORY OF HIP HOP – THURS Sept 12 :
2SER’s popular History of Hip Hop series returns to Sydney Fringe. Stepping back in the ring for bout three, it’s East Coast versus West Coast as 2SER’s own DJ Frenzie (Groove Therapy) and the In The Red crew go up against Raine Supreme and Saywhut.
Event Link –> 2013.sydneyfringe.com/event/music-an…istory-hip-hop
- Watch List Select: Bo Saris, Satin Beretta, Ben Stevenson (thenext2shine.com)
- EVENT: ‘Paris / Berlin / Detroit: 20 Years of Underground Techno’ Film Screening + Q & A as Part of Sydney Fringe Festival | Chicago, History, Detroit, Techno, House, Deep House Sydney, (spiritofhouse.com.au)
- Spirit of House Classic Mix: Ron Hardy Live at the Music Box 1985 (chicago) (spiritofhouse.com.au)
- ★ SUNDAY DISCO MIX ★ Marcel Vogel Sunday afternoon, Day-Time, Soul, Funk, Hip Hop & Disco Grooves. (soulofsydney.org)
- Friday DISCO & HOUSE MIX! Marcel Vogel (Lumberjacks in Hell, Intimate Friends, Amsterdam) Live in Rotterdam 2012 – last 2 hours | deep house sydney (spiritofhouse.com.au)
- Music Video: JMSN – Love & Pain (thenext2shine.com)
- Mree talks new album Winterwell, musical simplicity, & Bon Iver co-signing her talent.. (thenext2shine.com)
- Soundcheck: Open Road Playlist (nosowildchild.wordpress.com)
- 獲取988 FM 的 streaming URL (mhwong2007.wordpress.com)