Gearing up for the first Pozible Pop Up Sydney
• Pozible Pop Up Sydney will take over the Makery in Darlinghurst, March 7 to 13
• Full short film line-up announced for Monday 10 March
• Two more amazing local designers are on board at the Design Talk on Tuesday March 11
• DJ High Society to take care of the tunes on opening night
• Closing Night to be a celebration of Sydney with Train Tracks
• To register and secure your tix to each event, go to: http://pozible.com/poziblepopupsydney
With just over a week to go, its time for Sydney to get ready for the new kids on the creative block to showcase their wares at the Anything’s Pozible Pop Up at the Makery on Oxford, from March 7 to 13
“This is a celebration and a bringing together of many of the local crowdfunding campaigns run on Pozible, where those who have supported their campaigns have a chance to see them come to fruition,” said Pozible Co-Founder and Director, Rick Chen.
Those whose works will be showcased range from musician Oliver Tank, to photographer Kris Baum, t-shirt designers Bloodless and many, many more.
Among those whose successful Pozible campaigns will be on display, includes four local film makers whose works will be on display at the Xanadu Wines Short Film Night on March 10, including:
• Kelli Jean Drinkwater’s story of a fat femme synchronised swimming team: ‘Aquaporko’
• Shane McLachlen’s documentary about the realities of being homeless on Sydney streets, ‘I Am Hank – I am homeless’
• Stuart Bowen’s stop motion animation about a doll who dreams of playing the piano with paddles for hands: ‘Woody’
• And Anita Lee’s tale of a lonely 20-something who looks for her doppelganger to fill a void: ‘Only One’.
Tickets and more details about the Xanadu Wines Short Film Night are available at this link.
Anything’s Pozible Pop Up Sydney celebrates the 600 local creatives that have successfully crowdfunded on Pozible, and offers them the opportunity to be showcased and some wonderful workshops to help them to take their projects to another level, or to help anyone who is considering crowdfunding to get onboard.
“Our event line-up includes talks with some of Australia’s most well-respected designers, entrepreneurs and creatives, including David Gravina from Digital Eskimo, Flyn Tracy from Tractor Design School, Frankie Ratford from The Design Kids and Kiel Van Daal from Digilante who will be involved in the Design Talk on Tuesday March 11,” said Mr Chen.
The event will kick off at the Makery at 6:00pm on Friday 7 March. Entry is a five dollar donation. Free drinks will be available all night from sponsors Little Creatures, Xanadu Wines and successful crowdfunder MR BLACK liquor, with tunes from Djs High Society.
The Closing Night will also be un-missable, with the guys from guerilla travelling music festival Train Tracks taking the Pop Up on an adventure through Sydney.
“At Train Tracks we strive to change people’s perceptions of the public spaces around them, from an old train carriage, to a lonely patch of grass. We are very excited to be closing Pozible Pop Up Sydney with a one of a kind Train Tracks event,” said Train Tracks’ curator Dean Ginsberg.
Don’t miss the Pozible Pop Up Sydney! Full details of contributors, events and tickets are available at http://www.pozible.com/poziblepopupsydney