Where Foundry616. 616 Harris St, almost opposite Ultimo TAFE.
When Friday nights 11:30pm – 2:00am
Danny G Felix, the man behind Rifton Records and the Monday Jam, is teaming with the great new jazz club Foundry616 to bring the live jazz hip-hop concept to Sydney. Late night Fridays, a feature mc and a feature instrumentalist will start the proceedings along with the house band. Freestyle improvisation will reign. The stage will be open to anyone with skill and nerve–so who knows what kind of magic will happen?
Foundry616 is an intimate jazz club with great acoustic sound and great drinks, easy to find at 616 Harris St, Ultimo, almost opposite the historic TAFE building, 5 minutes walk from Central Station.
Danny G Felix Dannygfelix 0438 821 470
Foundry616 contact Peter 0419 285 354
- Rainy Milo: jazz inspired hip-hop (undercoverrocklife.wordpress.com)
- Australian Hip hop Band Spiconic Debut EP | soul jazz blues (soulofsydney.org)
- Ben jamin’s ‘jazz meets hip hop’ oriented instrumental EP (kiwitunes.wordpress.com)
- Sydney Weekly Jazz & Hip Hop freestyle Session – Fridays at Foundry 313 (Harris St Ultimo) (soulofsydney.org)
- Recorded at Jacob’s Pillow: August 13, 2000 (nicelynegeorges.wordpress.com)
- Sydney’s five best buildings (smh.com.au)
- Hot 93.7 Freestyle Takeover Session: Grafh (hot937.cbslocal.com)
- What’s the dance style called which involves jazz and hip hop? (jazz.information-about-music.com)
- Can Jazz and hip hop work together (pablowheezy723.wordpress.com)
- Revolutions: Jazz Hip-Hop Fusion (ktsw899.wordpress.com)