- Rudyard Kipling – Ode To Remembrance (1914)
- They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
- Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
- They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
- They fell with their faces to the foe.
- They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
- Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
- At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
- We will remember them.
- Lest We Forget
ANZAC Day, April 25th marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during WWI.
We though it would be fitting to select songs that pay respect to solders efforts and also help us to better understand the struggles of a soldiers of the battle field.
The Herd – 19
Marvin Gaye – Whats Going On
John Legend-Coming Home
The Doors – Five to One
Funkadelic – March To The Witch’s Castle
Jedi Mind Tricks – Uncommon Valor (A Vietnam Story)