‘More Bounce To The Ounce’
Part two of Sydney only 80′s Electro Funk & Rap Night is back THIS Friday 16th @ 202 Broadway
Kicking off nice and early at 9pm with an extend FUNK & BOOGIE set by local BBOY DJ SAGE ONE who featured in the first podcast
Also the one & only DJ Hysteric — the perpetrator behind Melbourne’s legendary System electro parties up from Burn City to rock the decks with the Cold Crush Mob — that’s RETALI8, OSC-001 & Simon Caldwell, along with special guest boogie man Sage One: bboys b-ware!
You know the drill, old school vinyl mixing, dope cuts and ya’ll party freaks ripping up the dancefloor. 202 have a new sound system in too, it is fat and YOU KNOW Cold Crush gonna be rocking those bass-bins.
#1 Simon Caldwell Live @ Cold Crush Dec 4 2009
- Hashim – Al-Naafiysh (The Soul)
- Egyptian Lover – Freak-A-Holic
- Bumper – Tuff Groove
- R-Damski – Project Pt. 1
- Def Cut – I Pay Back
- Mobile Space Unit – Eruption
- The Artificial Arm – Welcome To The Planet Funk
- Suat G – B-Boy Bonus Beats
- Sven Vath – Schubduse (Anthony Rother Remix)
- Resident Alien – Radio Killer
- DMX Krew – Bass Mission
- A1 People – Do It
- Thomas Schumacher – When I Rock (Anthony Rother Remix)
- Subway – Testing (Dexter Remix)
- Chromatix – Cranioplasmatron
- The Freeek – Martian Leaders O.E.
- DJ Godfather – Aliens Got The 808
- Egyptian Lover – Egypt, Egypt
- Mental Blox – Bass Synthesiser
- Uprock – Klockwerk Oranj
- Biochip C – Steal It And Deal It (DMX Krew Edit)
- Anthony Rother – Compression
- Third Electric + Artificial Material – High Tension Wires
- The Artificial Arm – You’ve Been Messing With My Mind
- Afrika Bambaataa & The Soulsonic Force – Planet Rock
Download @ Cold Crush
With this set I was trying to play a whole bunch of my favourite electro tunes, mainly focusing on newer tracks with a bit of an old school vibe, and trying to tie them in with a few classic oldies. It was mixed with the dancefloor in front of me, so I tried to keep it pretty beat-based, but managed to get some spacey vibes in there too. I love how this kind of music makes really abstract things funky. It’s like the machines are making the music themselves if the sounds and the feel all click together; it’s organic and artificial at the same time. Unfortunately I don’t get to play these tunes very much any more (the complete rape of the word ‘electro’ hasn’t helped) so it was fun to drop them at Cold Crush. Hopefully you enjoy the mix and can have a little body-pop to it.
— Simon Caldwell
Cold Crushin’ Mixes is back with a slamming electro mix from Melbourne mix master and certified wax addict Hysteric, who has done some hardcore crate digging to pull some very obscure tracks for us! But don’t let the fact that you have probably never heard of most of the tracks put you off — as unknown as many of the tracks might be to all but the most knowledgeable of electro fans, our homeboy Hysteric has put together an absolute banger of a mix, covering a range of styles from bboy electro funk and electro rap, to synth pop, minimal electro, new wave and some very heavy hitting sludge electro tracks from The Hague. Ya’ll should know what to expect by now from Cold Crushin’ Mixes, so needless to say, shit is off the chain!