Melbourne-based soul artist Jess Harlen debuts the breakthrough single from her anticipated full length album Neon Heartache, the initial release from the freshly launched Plethora Records. Titled “Watch The Water”, the song is the first sample of music from the heralded musical collaboration between Harlen (named ‘Best Unsigned Artist‘ at the 2007 Urban Music Awards) and 2008 ARIA Nominee and 2009 Mercury Prize Winner (for his work with Speech Debelle) Plutonic Lab.
“Watch The Water” combines the grace of acoustic melodies with solid rhythms and soulful introspection- a small teaser into Neon Heartache’s depth and poise. Included with the lead single is the album track “Diamond”, a gritty bass-driven blues number backed by midnight reflection and heartbeat tempos- a beautiful contrast to “Watch The Water.”
Produced by Plutonic Lab, Neon Heartache showcases the incredible musical talent Harlen has been harnessing for years – touring the globe with roots giants Blue King Brown as well as guesting on Muph & Plutonic‘s acclaimed 2008 album, …And Then Tomorrow Came.
Jess Harlen “Park Yard Slang” Album Launch @ Notes Live, Newtown
This Thursday, 17 May 2012. Doors open 7pm
With Supports by LISSA and Anthony Ousback
Links to her videos:
- Jess Harlen – Park Yard Slang (2012 LP) (soulofsydney.org)
- Is It Street Drug Slang or Nail Polish? (bellasugar.com)
- Street Drug Slang or Makeup Shade? (bellasugar.com)
- Learnings the Ps and Qs and :-)’s of emoticons (goerie.com)
- You’re Invited! Joyful Joy Foundation Launch Hosted by Osas Ighodaro and AJ Calloway (ldvfashionfix.com)
- At JUNKGUYS, we offer 6- yard and 12-yard dumpster rentals (junkguysaustin.wordpress.com)
- Cavort (year-struck.com)
- Slang and Secrets: Happy Monday! (theparisreview.org)
- Montecatini Terme – Estate Regina 2012 – Concerts from April 19 to Ocotber 7 (toscanamore.net)